As a family-run business based in rural Somerset, we're committed to caring for our planet and taking every step possible to ensure that our business makes the smallest impact on the environment around us.
The steps that we have taken to reduce our environmental impact and our carbon footprint whilst increasing our sustainability include:
- Using paper and card recyclable packaging as much as we can.
- We ensure that we use that we use recyclable and biodegradable packaging for all our bulkier orders including FSC certified wrapping paper and tissue paper from noissue.
- Wholesale orders are packaged in recycled or reused packaging.
- All of our order inserts are made from FSC certified, recycled paper.
- Where some items require bubble-wrap to ensure smaller products with potential sharp points can be processed correctly by Royal Mail, we deliberately choose manufacturers that design their envelopes so that the plastic sleeve can be easily removed and recycled (the packaging itself also contains instructions of how this can be done).
- We ensure that specific areas are set aside in our office to gather and collect all recyclable materials, with these taken frequently to our local Somerset Recycling Centre located near to our office to ensure that as much of our office waste as possible is recycled and reused.
- Our notebooks and stationery items are produced by a certified eco-friendly UK manufacturer and made from recycled or FSC certified materials.
- Water-based eco-friendly inks are used for the screen printing of our clothing designs.
- Our clothing is manufactured by an approved Fairwear Foundation factory. The Foundation is working to ensure that all the clothing we sell is ethically made and provides garment workers in factories with better working conditions.
- Lastly, we feed all the gardens birds who reside outside of our office everyday! It’s the highlight of our day to have the Robins, Blue Tits, Goldfinches & Sparrows come and visit us for their breakfast!
We will continually monitor and evaluate our environmental impact to ensure we are doing the best we can for the world around us.